Because I was shooting TA mode and had max ISO set at 6400. Needed a 1000th
shutter speed to freeze action, so wide open I was almost two stops under.
Could have changed ISO to 20,000 or so but experience tells me the result will
be the same if I just push in conversion. Plus I slowed down the shutter a
bunch and got below 6400 ISO for a few shots of static subjects.

Paul via phone