From: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List"
To:"Pentax-Discuss Mail List"
Sent:Fri, 14 Oct 2016 18:13:46 -0400
Subject:Re: USA PDML meetups

 Christine Aguila wrote:
 > Sounds good! I’ll put your numbers in my contact list. I’ve
sent some
 > suggestions via our email thread off list. Looking forward to
meeting you
 > guys! Cheers, Christine

 I have instructed John and Jan that they need to try pizza in both
New
 York and Chicago.

 BTW John, don't forget to push the ISO on your new K-5 way harder
than
 you think is possible. Take a photo at what you think is a reasonable
 ISO, then take it again using the shutter speed and/or aperture that
you
 really want to use if only it were possible to get decent photos at
ISO
 6400 to 16,000.

 for example, this was shot at ISO 10,000
 https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/9310682903/in/album-72157634684347823/

 This is 25,600
 https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/8366084507/in/album-72157632485855236/

 Also, don't be afraid to try to push on the SR at low shutter speeds.
 You wouldn't think that you could hand hold below 1/10 second and get
 away with it, but if you brace yourself well the K-5 can get a
 reasonable percentage of clear shots down to 0.3 seconds hand held.

 --
 Larry Colen l...@red4est.com (postbox on min4est)
http://red4est.com/lrc

and