Maybe it will be unusually dim.

On 8/5/2017 17:58, Mark C wrote:
The Naval Observatory's website my hometown in west Michigan will see
82.7% obscuration.

I'm not interested in photographing the eclipse itself but am thinking
of places to shoot landscapes under the unusual light of the mostly
obscured sun. At least I hope it will be unusual -- maybe it will just
be dim.

Mark

John wrote:
I think even Detroit will get a partial eclipse something like 82%.