Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
There is an incredible amount of detail in the panorama --  it took me a
loong time to scroll slowly through it, on four or five horizontal levels
-- to fully appreciate it.

Today's photo technology is pretty amazing. That was also with the "kit lens" too, the 28-105. At that distance, it's resolving the individual bars on the fence.

I took the liberty of clicking on all the images on the "180106 Santa Cruz"
page, and there are some very good ones there.  My favorite is the one with
the two metal cranes covered with birds.  The birds are easier to see in
the image with the single crane, but I like the balance and composition of
the double crane shot.  I also liked "Typhoon."

Thanks Dan.

Good so see people (more or less) in the water.  No chance of that on the
east coast today, except for the Polar Bear nuts.

We've had a bit of a rough year here in California, at least the winter is going easy on us, so far. Someone pointed out that Friday marked the 36th anniversary of the '82 storm here. There's still a little memorial a couple miles from here that a grandmother set up to her grandkids killed in the Love Creek mudslide.

By Wednesday, however, I shall be in Maui.  Current water temp at the
surface is 77 F, with afternoon air temps in the low 80s.<G>

Maybe then you'll have some sympathy for me almost needing to put on a long sleeved shirt in the afternoon.