Alan C wrote:
OK. I just tried uploading directly from Elements (rather that from
Windows)
& found that the image size is larger but I don't know why. If I upload
from
Windows I get the option of Default (medium?) or small. No Large seems
to be
available like Flickr had some time ago.

I don't know anything about Elements. With the lightroom publishing manager. I found this on the web, I assume it's close enough to LR6.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/prepare-send-or-post-photos.html

I set up different publishing services, most of mine are characterized by topic, and usually set up at a resolution of 2048 pixels on the long edge. I have one set up for full resolution posts, and a few for lower resolution proofs.

There also seems to be a flickr uploader app:
https://www.flickr.com/tools/