See if your highlights make it to the end of the histogram. If not, using the
upper slider, move the white point to the spot where the histogram hits
baseline. Then, using the lower slider, clip the white point to about 248 to
250. Use your eye and judgement. Next, using the upper slider, set the black
point to about 18. Then clip the blacks by setting the lower slider to about 8.
Now your midrange will be a bit too dark, so adjust midrange with the upper
slider until the look is pleasing. These numbers work for many images. You have
to exercise judgement and fine tune.

Paul