Yeah, my Escort would have been the second generation North American Model with the "1.8 L (1839 cc) Mazda BP I4" engine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Escort_(North_America)

Looked almost exactly like this one, although mine was a 1995.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1994_Ford_Escort_LX_wagon.jpg