What I am talking about would reduce the white space and actually might make the photo appear larger on the phone screen.
Although that might depend on how the mobile browser deals with that.

But if you have one of the phones with a humongous screen and incomprehensible screen resolution (iPhone X has 2436x1125), then the situation could be different... But even in that case this much white space around the photo is not needed, IMHO.

Igor

Re: PESO - River Thames