----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: 100mm 2.8 Macro vs. 100mm 2.8

> Little bit of a cheap shot here. I'm with Mishka. A Vivitar or
Tokina is
> going to give you just as good results as the Pentax. The feel
might be
> different but the end result is not. The vivitar Series One,
Tokina ATX and
> the Kiron 105mm macros were all excellent lenses in their day
and they still
> are today. Macro lenses are so good that most films don't do
them justice.
> Guys, I love Pentax lenses too but there are plenty of other
lenses that are
> just as good - some even better. Theses other lenses  just
don't hold their
> value the way the big name camera lenses do so they are always
a better deal,
> unless you want to sell them.
> Vic

Hell Vic, take a few more cheap shots!! Thats OK.
The end result is different. The bokeh of the A 100mm f/2.8 is
friggin amazing. I had one of those Vivitar 90mm f/2.5 macro
lenses that went 1:1 with no extenders. Reputed to be a fine
lens. I thought it was, to.
Problem was, it had sucky bokeh. So much for art!!.
Add to that the feel of the Pentax lens and the A 100mm f/2.8
macro is unbeatable.
BTW, Photodo has proven themselves time and again to have worse
that useless lens tests.
They fall into "the sky is pink, I read it on the internet"
category.

William Robb