Mishka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Bob,
>The pictures are gorgeous. But that shows how good the photographer is.
>At this resolution it tells next to nothing about the lens (except that
>it focuses really close :)
>But then again, for $300 (as was the target price), I would be
>tempted...

I bought my SMC-F 100/2.8 macro from KEH for $269.00
It was listed as "bargain" condition because a tiny hole had been drilled
through the filter ring, presumably to mount a ring flash. Filters still screw
on and off just fine.

The F version, by the way, is identical to the FA version except for cosmetics
and the replacement of the focus limit switch with a focus friction control.

--
Mark Roberts
www.robertstech.com