On Sat., Apr. 24, 2021, 9:11 a.m. , <rrve...@virginmedia.com> wrote:

> Bill wrote:
>
> >As am I, but if it's another kitchen sink camera like the K1, and I don't
> think there is any reason to think it won't be, I suspect it is going to be
> quite pricey.
>
> I saw a message on my camera dealers website, which said that the first
> batch of the new K3 were due, and would go straight out to those who
> pre-ordered them. It won't be enough, so the next batch in next week will
> go out the same way - and anyone who ordered in the last week or from now
> it will be later in May when they see it arrive. I might have made the
> second batch to be sent.
>
> The point is that a DSLR which supposedly is missing features and is very
> expensive is not so much flying off the shelves, but flying off before they
> make the shelves.
>
> I see the future K1 iii selling as well as this.

The DFA* 50/1.4 was apparently too expensive, but the first 2 runs presold
prior to release.
As was, and did, the DFA* 85/1.4, and it was goofy expensive.
I'm not sure about the 70-210/4. It certainly didn't generate the buzz, but
it also isn't really a Pentax lens.

I agree that this will be tha fate of a K1III. I expect the 21Ltd will also
presell its first run, and quite possibly its second. Not a bad fate.

I'm not so hopeful about the updated 31, 43 and 77, though if they had put
them in new bodies with PLM autofocus motors they might have been onto
something. I'm not sure if new coatings and curved aperture blades are
quite enough. I really think they should have waited until after the 21Ltd,
and then given the legacy trio more than new lipstick.

bill
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List