Bill wrote:

I had the DFA*50/1.4 for several days prior to it's official release.
Apparently someone at Ricoh still loves me for being a one man profit center
for Pentax.
You won't regret it if standard lenses on full frame or short teles on APS-C
are your thing.
The DA20-40 was the best lens I never liked. I had one, more because it said
Pentax on it than for any pressing need, but I never really fell for it. It
is an excellent lens though, it just wasn't for me.

I tried it on a K3ii & a K1. Loved it on the K1 despite (or perhaps because
of) the combination weighing 2Kg as near as could be. It felt a really solid
combination as well it should.

I do a lot of 'walkabout' photography and the 20-40mm would be useful. The
K3iii on arrival will be matched with a 16-85mm WR to begin with.

Malcolm

https://www.avg.com
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List