On 4/25/2021 11:32 AM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
I’m thinking the K3 iii might be a good choice for me to supplement the K1. I
had planned on waiting for the K1 iii, but the APSC camera might be better fir
bird photography. The Nikon D500 seems to be the first choice of birders
currently. Long reach, quick autofocus and modest weight.

Paul

Pentax has made it pretty plain that the D500 was solidly in their cross-hairs with the K3III. Combine it with the 150-450 and you've got a good combination, with the 560/5.6 available if more reach is desired. I've seen some bird on the wing images from the K3III, and the AF looks to be pretty impressive. I think when the hands on reviews start coming out, the K3III is going to stack up right at the top of the APS-C heap. I'm seeing a lot of the old Pentax passion manifesting itself in the recent Ricoh product handling. As an aside, apparently the DA 1.4x teleconverter is pretty darned good as well, and supports autofocus, which should be a real boon for birders looking to extend their lenses.

bill
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List