Pierre Joye in php.pecl.dev (Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:47:03 +0200):
>hi,
>
>On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Jan Ehrhardt <php...@ehrhardt.nl> wrote:
>> Intriguing question by Kevin. I once made a curl.exe without any need
>> for external DLL's, not even libeay32.dll and the like. Only the
>> standard Windows dll's and the VC++ redistributables are needed.
>
>It is indeed possible to compile a standalone curl.exe (see the
>Makefile options I added to curl), but the question here is more about
>the curl extension.

Yes, I knew it was about php_curl.dll

>Johannes is right, the last argument of the extension function is
>about defining how php_curl will be built. I never tried to build it
>statically.

I did that yesterday. It compiled fine. See the link that you did not
quote:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8954372/php555static.zip
There is a snapshot.txt and a phpinfo.htm in this zip with more info.

This will not work with the deps in
http://windows.php.net/downloads/php-sdk/
because libcurl_a.lib, libssh2_a.lib, ssleay32_a.lib and libeay32_a.lib
in those deps all are dependent on libeay32.dll and/or ssleay32.dll.
Kevin will have to compile his own libs for SSH2 and SSL if he wants
support for those protocols. With those static SSH2/SSL libs he has to
recompile Curl to get a fully static libcurl_a.lib.

Jan