Dear Clark -
My claim is certainly not that Husserl and Peirce agree in all respects. Just
that both of them unite objectivity with an intersubjective view of science.
Peirce certainly clearlyt sees the social character of the scientific
institution. But he thinks that despite social strife, science may succeed
given that it follows certain central norms (I discuss this a bit in the last
ch. of the book) - norms which are not relative to social groups, culture,
history, psychology and similar solvents.

Or perhaps I’m just rather cynical about social constructivism)

Payback time!

Best