Inquiry Blog:
• 
http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2015/01/30/peirces-1880-algebra-of-logic-chapter-3-%E2%80%A2-preliminaries/
• 
http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2015/02/01/peirces-1880-algebra-of-logic-chapter-3-%E2%80%A2-selection-1/
• 
http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2015/02/03/peirces-1880-algebra-of-logic-chapter-3-%E2%80%A2-selection-2/

Peirce List Thread:
JA:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/15566
JA:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/15607
JA:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/15608
JA:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/15616
JW:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/15624
JA:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/15634
JW:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/15636
JW:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/15639
JW:http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.philosophy.peirce/15641

Jim, List,

Apologies for the radio silence, I'm still bogged down in the process
of trying to sort umpteen years worth of files between two computers
whose incept dates are a generation apart, just in human years, and
it may be a few days before I can remember what I had in mind here.

I know it had something to do with the problem of integrating,
synthesizing, or just plain maintaining the natural relationship
between extensional and intensional descriptions of subject matters,
whether in "factual" or "fictional" worlds, real or imaginary domains,
phenomenology or mathematics.

The tension between these two -tensions bears a relation to the difference
between empiricist and rationalist approaches to knowledge.  I think this
is due to the fact that data comes to us in extensional form, at any rate
that's the way it is when we set to work on organized scientific research.
Not too coincidentally, I ran into the same difference in cognitive styles
when I started developing programs for "inquiry driven" intelligent systems.

Have to break here ...

Jon

--

academia: http://independent.academia.edu/JonAwbrey
my word press blog: http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/
inquiry list: http://stderr.org/pipermail/inquiry/
isw: http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/index.php/JLA
oeiswiki: http://www.oeis.org/wiki/User:Jon_Awbrey
facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JonnyCache
-----------------------------
PEIRCE-L subscribers: Click on "Reply List" or "Reply All" to REPLY ON PEIRCE-L 
to this message. PEIRCE-L posts should go to [email protected] . To 
UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message not to PEIRCE-L but to [email protected] with the 
line "UNSubscribe PEIRCE-L" in the BODY of the message. More at 
http://www.cspeirce.com/peirce-l/peirce-l.htm .




Reply via email to