Thanks Jon.

I put integers to each of the nine dual relatives in the first three columns
and rows. (in Bold print)  I then rotated the block left 90 degrees three
times.  Crease the diagonals <357> <753>, tack down the  4 corners <3333>, and
pull the apex <7777> straight up into a pyramid.  Voila!  This method seemed
more efficient conceptually than the previous.

3 6 9 1 2 3
2 5 8 4 5 6
1 4 7 7 8 9
9 8 7 7 4 1
6 5 4 8 5 2
3 2 1 9 6 3

I had a further question about some word examples.  Peirce seems to roll the
relate into the relative term such that the number of places is short one. For
instance, "buyer of a ----- for-----from------" appears to count the number of
correlates only.
I bring this up since the relate symbol ":" usually has a letter attached on
the left side.  Small issue though. In any case, matrices seem to be a way, if
not the predominant way to introduce abstract algebra.  I appreciate your
keepng this thread alive .

Jim W

Jim W