Ben and list,

Thank you for the links to Peirce. I follow his logic and diagrams, and I have no problem with any of it. Formal logic is clear. It's the natural language expressions that cause confusion. It seems to me that it is also natural language that has produced most of the well-known <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_paradoxes>logical paradoxes (a good list).

Howard