> On Nov 20, 2015, at 1:01 PM, Søren Brier <sb....@cbs.dk> wrote:
>
> I agree but Peirce is integrating it with an emptiness ontology inspired by
> Buddhism. Hartshorne describes it as his  Buddhisto-Christianism. Bishop
> writes a paper on Peirce and Eastern Thought. See my
> Pure  Zero paper attached.

Thank you Soren. I’ll try and read that this evening if I have time.

I should note that emptiness ontology can be found in the neoPlatonic
tradition. I don’t know enough about the speculations of influence on the
various neoPlatonists to say how much if at all it originated with them.

My knowledge of Buddhism is far more fragmentary than I’d like. So I’m very
interested in your insights here. My understanding is that sunya in Buddhism is
actually fairly close to the neoPlatonic notion of emptiness as pure potency
(which pops up in Peirce in many places as well as other figures like Heidegger
who had an odd debate about nothing with Carnap tied to all this)

I hope you don’t mind some questions over the weekend after I’ve read your
paper.