Part 4, subtitled "Beyond Engineering," is now online at
http://www.structuremag.org/?p=11107.  It discusses how *anyone *can use
the logic of ingenuity to imagine possibilities, assess alternatives, and
choose one of them to actualize.  I have argued for years that just as
science is perceived as an especially systematic way of *knowing*, likewise
engineering could be conceived as an especially systematic way of *willing*;
and if this is really the case, then the distinctive reasoning process of
engineers *should* be paradigmatic for other kinds of decision-making,
including ethical deliberation.

Regards,

Jon

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 7:50 AM, Jon Alan Schmidt <jonalanschm...@gmail.com>