Jon,

Thanks for the link.

The duality or complementarity between Thought and Action (Dewey)
or Information and Control (as later generations came to cast it
within cybernetics, computer science, and the systems sciences)
has always been an integral feature of Peirce's Pragmatic Maxim.
Many of my early days on the Peirce List were exhausted in the
effort to communicate the implications of that integration.
But the pull toward Spectator Philosophies (James) is very
persistent and it will no doubt take the exertion of many
wills to overcome their one-sighted bias.

Regards,

Jon