BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
 Jon, list - hmm - that is interesting and I'd agree; the Dynamic
Object of a law of nature [which is Thirdness] is also Thirdness.
This enables individual organisms, when they interact with another
external organism, to informationally connect with the external
organism's LAWS - and thus, possibly, change their own [or both sets
of] laws.

 This message is virus free, protected by Primus - Canada's
 largest alternative telecommunications provider.
 http://www.primus.ca
 On Sat 08/04/17 12:58 PM , Jon Alan Schmidt jonalanschm...@gmail.com
sent:
 Edwina, John S., List:
 JFS:  Any law of science or even an informal rule of thumb that
makes reliable predictions reflects something real about the world.
That real aspect of the world is some kind of regularity. But it
isn't stated as a law until somebody states it as such.
 I agree, and I am still trying to figure out how to classify that
real aspect/regularity as a Sign  itself, if in fact it is legitimate
to treat reality as consisting entirely of Signs.
 ET:  I think a law refers to the continuity of a type of behaviour;
i.e., among a collective, not to a rule of behaviour in one specific
instantiation.
 I agree, which is why I suggested that the Dynamic Object of a law
of nature is the continuum of its potential  instantiations (3ns),
not the (discrete) collection of its actual instantiations (2ns).
 Regards,
Jon Alan Schmidt - Olathe, Kansas, USAProfessional Engineer, Amateur
Philosopher, Lutheran Laymanwww.LinkedIn.com/in/JonAlanSchmidt [1] -
twitter.com/JonAlanSchmidt [2]