Jon A.

Seems valid to me. But it does not answer the quest for understanding. - If you see my point.

Kirsti

Jon Awbrey kirjoitti 7.4.2017 02:02:
Jon, List ...

I've mentioned the following possibility several times before, but
maybe not too recently.

A sign relation L is a subset of a cartesian product O×S×I, where O,
S, I are the object, sign, interpretant domains, respectively. In a
systems-theoretic framework we may think of these domains as dynamical
systems.

We often work with sign relations where S = I but it is entirely
possible to consider sign relations where all three domains are one
and the same. Indeed, we could have O=S=I=U, where the system U is the
entire universe. This would make the entire universe a sign of itself
to itself.

A very general way to understand a system-theoretic law is in terms of
a constraint — the fact that not everything that might happen
actually does. And that is nothing but a subset relation.

So the law embodying how the universe represents itself to itself
could be nothing other than a sign relation L ⊆ U×U×U.

Regards,

Jon

http://inquiryintoinquiry.com [3]

On Apr 6, 2017, at 3:36 PM, Jon Alan Schmidt