Kirsti,

Thanks for the notice.

Of course that setup is barely a beginning.

It is only the grounds out of which understanding must grow,
IF our understanding is to proceed on these two conditions:

MAT. We take the methods and tools that C.S. Peirce gave us seriously.
COR. We take the context of research in scientific inquiry seriously.

In practice, of course, we do not take the whole actual universe U
as our starting point, but begin by constructing concrete examples
of systems, say, a system defined by its state space X, and we try
to determine what sort of conditions X must satisfy in order for X
to possess any sort of representation at all of its own structure.

That is the sort of thing has been investigated a lot when it comes
to ordinary sorts of axiom systems and computational systems, where
people speak of the system having a “reflective property” but there
needs to be much more work done with reflection in semiotic systems.

Regards,

Jon