Jerry, List, here is what I meant with the constructivist imperative: It is the "ethical imperative" by Heinz von Foerster, developed from Kant´s categorical imperative: "Always act in a way that makes the number of possibilities of actions increase". I think this would exclude the pursuit of ultimate aims. Lest you define this increase as ultimate aim. But this I find hard, though our economy is based on constant growth too. But I guess this makes it less ultimate in the sense of sustainability. Anyway, "ultimate" is a quibble-term, isn´t it? Best, Helmut.

 17. März 2018 um 22:13 Uhr
 "Jerry Rhee" <jerryr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Dear list,

What a crazy.. uh, I mean creative concept, this having an ultimate aim.

There must, then, be more to this..

With best wishes,

Jerry R