From: Jon Alan Schmidt <jonalanschm...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2019 5:29 PM
To: peirce-l@list.iupui.edu
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [PEIRCE-L] Methodeutic for resolving quotation wars (was
Continuity...

Edwina, List:

Yes, I refuse on ethical grounds to deviate from Peirce's own usage of these
terms.  Again, either a Sign is a Representamen with a mental Interpretant (CP
2.274, EP 2:273 and CP 2.242, EP 2:291; both 1903), or "Sign" and
"Representamen" are synonymous (SS 193; 1905).  He never--not once--used "Sign"
for a triad, since a triad is always a relation, while a Sign is always a
correlate.

www.LinkedIn.com/in/JonAlanSchmidt<http://www.LinkedIn.com/in/JonAlanSchmidt> -
twitter.com/JonAlanSchmidt<http://twitter.com/JonAlanSchmidt>

On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 6:29 PM Edwina Taborsky