John,

> Op 30 augustus 2020 om 20:55 schreef "John F. Sowa" <s...@bestweb.net>:
>

>     Auke, I agree with you about the issues and priorities.
>
>     AvB> Peirce is multi facetted.  Each of us looks from a particular
> angle...  I am not interested in what might be the final version Peirce wrote
> on the negation vs scroll issue...  I can agree with you if we are discussing
> EG as a formal system.
>
>     Yes.  Formal EGs are the foundation.  As Peirce himself said, logic as
> semiotic is much broader.  It includes the methodeutic for analyzing and
> developing the immense variey empirical sciences.

We have discussed this point before. It seems to me that you forget about
speculative grammar and only recognize critic and speculative rethoric. But if
we abstract from the apprehension of the sign as an object when we look with
the detached eye of the logician (the realm of critic), we must take care when
going to speculative rethoric to again direct our attention to the role the
apprehension of the sign as an object plays in our processes of interpretation.
We must acknowledge that each interpreter has its own verso sheet. And, that
this sheet determines as what sign a representamen gets interpreted.

Auke