Claudio, Patrick, list,

"That object for which truth stands" doesn't sound fully like Peirce. But
Peirce did say that truth is of a predicate, proposition, assertion, etc. ; a
true predicate corresponds to its object. Inquiry seeks to arrive at true signs
about the real.

66~~~ ('A Sketch of Logical Critics', EP 2.457-458, 1911) ~~~
"To say that a thing is _Real_ is merely to say that such predicates as are
true of it, or some of them, are true of it regardless of whatever any actual
person or persons might think concerning that truth. Unconditionality in that
single respect constitutes what we call Reality.[---] I call "truth" the
predestinate opinion, by which I ought to have meant that which _would_
ultimately prevail if investigation were carried sufficiently far in that
particular direction."
~~~~~~99

Lots of Peirce quotes on truth and reality are at
http://www.helsinki.fi/science/commens/dictionary.html

"Lo" is an old-fashioned word, now generally obsolete, used to attract
attention or express wonder or surprise, and now used with at least some
quaintness of effect. It now seems oftenest encountered in the phrase "Lo and
behold". The Online Etymology Dictionary says
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=lo&searchmode=none that "lo" is from
Old English _la_, exclamation of surprise, grief, or joy, influenced in M.E. by
_lo!_, short for _lok_ "look!" imperative of _loken_ "to look."

Best, Ben