Martin, Joe, et al.,

25.9.2006 kello 19:40, martin lefebvre kirjoitti:
I consider the "Fixation" essay to be organized around a sort of development/growth principle that leads to the scientific method as the method of choice of reason. I believe that growth here can be thought of categorially.
Yes, I agree, absolutely. But still, the principle of growth can be viewed as predominantly a logical order, or predominantly as a metaphysical order, or as a psychic order ( the term 'psychic' to be understood here in contradistinction to 'psychological' - which is a distinction Peirce at least once made - a distinction I've interpreted as: the former referring to philosophy of mind, and the latter referring to the empirical science called 'psychology'.)

From the following, it seems to me you are considering the logical order:
The method of tenacity "works" as long as the individual is considered monadically (the social impulse must be held in check) and as long as there is no attempt to examine a belief against experience. A "monadic" mind (what could that be???)...

A "monadic mind" is something we can think of, so it's a logical possibility, it is conceivable, irrespective of whether any such (human) mind would exist.

Kirsti Määttänen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>