Eric is our resident expert on the subject, since Dave R. has been been
relatively silent.  Are you still here, Dave.

I have some questions:  For example, how much have waiting times for medical
care increased?  Do rising housing costs require people to locate further from
work, increasing commutes?  Does the CPI take into account the deterioration of
public transportation?  Yet, they emphasize everthing that represents an
increase in quality as reflecting a decreasing (hedonic) cost.

--

Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321