-------8<---------
Thank you very much for the response.  I down graded to build 638 but I
still have the problem.  I was on build 638 when the problem first
started and only went to 5.8 as a possible fix.  Here's little more
background. My application ran fine for several years (on Win2K Server).
Last week the web server crashed and had to be restarted.  I found a "A
ScriptEngine threw exception 'C0000005' " error in the eventvwr.  The
error was on a page that was redirected to and also connected to MSSQL.
Several bugs reference redirects and database connections but no fix.
It seems something has become corrupt.  This worked for years and now I
can't get rid of this problem.  Has this problem been reported on build
638 before? Are there any other possible fixes?
-------8<---------

I'm not going to add on anything here except that I can empathise with
your grief. If it's not too troublesome are you able to reinstall IIS?
The other thing you may want to check is if any patches have been
installed on your system prior to the crash, and rollback/uninstall the
patch to see if there's any difference.

You don't mention it, but as Steve said disable the friendly HTTP error
messages under Internet Options to see if your browser outputs anything
useful. How do other browsers react to your page? I assume you're using
IE? What about Firefox?

Also how about going down the CGI path? Duplicate your ASP code and see
if it works as desired in CGI.

<DRIVEL>
I never figured it out, but I had the inverse of your problem whereby
use of Win32::Perms in an ASP on IIS6 would only work if a refresh of
the browser was performed.

In here we have really screwy setups because of corporate builds that
'suit' our environment, not sure if your company does their own builds
as well.

All said I speak for myself, by myself, and in no way represent my
company or anyone else for that matter.
</DRIVEL>

Cheers,

Just in