FYI..

This is not the error I was referring to..  What you were describing
seemed so close in how the other error manifests itself, that it seemed
to be the other issue.  But 638 works to fix that issue.

The error I have encountered before, was more of a PerlScript resumed in
an unknown state (on the next instantiation of the ASP page).

This one sounds like someone's not passing in the test querystring (but
I am guessing you are)...

Just to see how it's working and or not working, and if other members of
the $Request object are being handled properly try these:

<HTML>
<BODY>
<%
#is the entire $Request object out of whack?
foreach my $item (Win32::OLE::in $Request->ServerVariables) {
  $Response->Write($item." = " . $Request->ServerVariables($item)->Item
. "<BR>\n");
}%>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--and--

<HTML>
<BODY>
<%

#what was passed in the URL
foreach my $item (Win32::OLE::in $Request->QueryString) {
  $Response->Write($item . " = " . $Request->QueryString($item)->Item .
"<BR>\n");
}%>
</BODY>
</HTML>