---------8<-------------
When I refresh/reload I get this message:

PerlScript Error error '80004005'
(in cleanup) Can't call method "Item" on an undefined value
/telecom/fwa/application/junk.asp, line 7

The 2nd program returns this the first time:

this = 1
that = 2

And this when I refresh:

PerlScript Error error '80004005'
(in cleanup) Can't call method "Item" on an undefined value
/telecom/fwa/application/test.asp, line 8
---------8<-------------

It's been a while since I used PerlScript but I just remembered I had
similar errors because I tried concatenating the Response object with
some other variables.

Please try this untested code and see what you get after the refresh:-

<%@ Language=PerlScript %>
<HTML>
<BODY>

<%
use warnings;
use strict;
use ASP qw(:strict);

foreach my $item(Win32::OLE::in $Request->ServerVariables)
{
    print "$item = ";
    print $Request->ServerVariables($item)->Item;
    print "<BR>\n";
}%>
</BODY>
</HTML>

If you use the ASP module you can use the print function directly
instead of typing out $Response->Write(""); - it's an easy install from
ppm. If your server owner starts jumping assign a var to the
$Request->ServerVariables($item)->Item, $Response->Write("") the var
out, and replace the other prints with $Response->Write("");

Good luck,
Just in