-------8<------
>I've tried uninstalling Perl build 638/reboot/reinstall/reboot and
re-registering perlse.dll with no luck.  This is a production box and
I'm told NO to reinstalling IIS.  It doesn't appear that any patches
have been installed prior to this problem.  I did turn off the friendly
HTTP error option and I'm getting this error:
>PerlScript Error error '80004005'
>(in cleanup) Can't call method "Item" on an undefined value
>
>The line of code it fails on is:
>$testvar = $Request->QueryString('test')->Item();

That means that QueryString('test') did not return an object.  The error
message indicates that this happens during the destruction of the Perl
interpreter, so the $Request object may be no longer valid.

Are you executing that code in a DESTROY method?
-------8<------

I don't think so. I think the problem description is changing as he
tries new things out.

Daniel, the thing with PerlScript is that the use strict pragma doesn't
handle the Response and Request objects well. Which most probably means
you've left strict and warnings off. I suggest you install the ASP
module and add the following into your code:-

<%@ Language=PerlScript %>
<%

$Response->{Buffer} = 0;

use warnings;
use strict;
use ASP qw(:strict);

# I think Jan shared the following hack, which isnt necessary but worth
knowing:
# The IE browser needs 256 bytes before it will flush so there are a few
work arounds needed
my $Head = "<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>My app</TITLE><LINK REL='stylesheet'
TYPE='text/css' HREF='../kack.css'></HEAD>";
$Response->Write($Head);
my $DummyBuffer = ' ' x (256 - length($Head));
$Response->Write($DummyBuffer);

# Your code here and then close all the body and html tags

With this in place you'll be able to see where your objects go out of
scope.

You'll find on ppm Matt Sargeant's Win32::ASP module, but I never got it
to work.

Just in