On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 09:34:43 -0700, Peter Scott wrote:

>Do you propose this solely to conserve keywords, or is there another
>advantage?  I find
>
>         try {
>           #
>         } catch Exception::Thingy with {
>           #
>         } catch Exception::Whatsit with {
>           #
>         } otherwise {
>           #
>         };
>
>considerably more appealing, especially since catch blocks can contain tens
>of statements.

I find it pretty ridiculous. Why "otherwise" instead of "else"? This
*is* some kind of switch statement; if Perl is to have a general syntax
for switch statements, it should be employed for error trapping as well.

p.s. I've always disliked the word "throwing" for errors, just to be a
complement to "catch". An error to me is something like a trapdoor,
where you unexpectedly fall through.

--
        Bart.