It also helps that you consistently make incisive observations and
contributions to conversations, even if they are a little tart
sometimes. :)

But on this general note, is there any current organization or location
where small problems are being parcelled out? I'd love to help, but my
time is as limited as everyone's.... If I could get small bites of work
to do, maybe I could contribute something useful.

Anyone requesting one black-box module or function at a time? Or am I
pipe dreaming?

--- chromatic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sunday 09 December 2007 22:04:30 Richard Hainsworth wrote:
>
> >  I download pugs and parrot from
> > SVN repositories, written tests - one of which still hangs the
> > compilation of pugs. Indeed the test I wrote for pugs concerned the
> > ability of pugs to use existing CPAN modules. I have tried parrot
> with
> > SDL and the tests fail. My aim was to write a P6 GUI module so that
> from
> > the start it would be easy for P6 users to generate UI interfaces
> easily.
>
> If you send me or the Parrot list the Parrot test results, I will do
> my best
> to fix them.
>
> > Unfortunately, despite my eagerness, I am not a professional
> programmer
> > with the time or the skill to fix the problems. Where I can
> contribute
> > is to express a view about how P6 might best be developed.
>
> Hey, I'm a trained musician and sometimes novelist who develops
> software on
> the side, and the primary reasons @Larry absorbed me are that:
>
> 1) I transcribe conversations faster than anyone else on the team
> 2) I had a working keycard to O'Reilly's Tarsier meeting room in
> Sebastopol
>
> and the reason I keep working on this stuff is:
>
> 3) I'm some combination of too stubborn or too stupid not to keep
> working on
> it
>
> All it takes to make a contribution is a fraction of my stupid or my
> stubborn
> plus some spare time.
>
> -- c

Looking for last minute shopping deals?