On 2015-10-15 5:27 AM, yary wrote:
Short answer: everything must declare which semantics it expects-
everything in Panda/CPAN at least. And we already knew it, just need
to do it.

I believe this is something Perl 6 should require in general, if it doesn't. That is, it should be MANDATORY for Perl 6 code to declare what version of Perl it expects. (The sole exception is one-liners.) If we don't do this, people are going to be lazy and not say anything, and then there will be a large base of code that officially is just saying "any version of Perl 6 will do" but they silently actually expect Perl 6.0.0.0.... semantics. We're always going to be stuck with this problem if we don't make declarations mandatory now. That's a much more important change to ingrain into those several hundred existing modules, if they aren't already, nevermind the :D thing. -- Darren Duncan