* Darren Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-05-28 23:40]:
> For one thing, I'm assuming that a prize-qualifying solution
> won't be able to link-in legacy Perl 5 modules using Pugs' "use
> perl5:Foo" syntax; to do so would look bad if we are wanting to
> show off a Wiki solution using the NEW technology.

I’d think it a fine technology demonstration to show how you can
actually, *in practice*, write an application in a dynamic
language that relies on libraries in another dynamic language,
particularly when it lets you use a library for something for
which none are (yet) available in your native language.

“We had a working webapp in Perl 6 before anyone even ported a
CGI parameter parser to it!” How’s *that* for R.A.D.

> No Perl 6 RDBMS interface or implementation is ready yet, nor
> will it likely be for some time.

Use Parrot NCI to wrap SQLite? More cross-language library reuse…
:-)  I don’t know enough about the state of Pugs and Parrot to
know if this is feasible yet, though.

Regards,