Iraq invasion indeed.... wait, shouldn't go there.

I particularly like the syntax of Textile or even Markdown (preferring
the former). In Ruby-land, these exist as RedCloth and BlueCloth. I
understand porting isn't fun, but I think that this is a viable
option, if not a great choice.

Not that this is a great example, but Instiki uses the
Textile/RedCloth syntax for textual formatting.

As an aside, I must apologize for interrupting in a conversation that
I've only been privileged to see the last four responses. I'm
extremely interested in learning Perl6 and in particular seeing this
Wiki come to fruition (if not participating myself).

Thought I'd offer up my suggestion about syntax. I'll wait on
participating more until I've read more of what's already been said.

M.T.