R. Dresens wrote:
I have some issues with the behavior related to array references and
their actual replacements known as "captures" (as far as I'm correct).

Captures are not replacements for Arrays in general; they serve different
purposes.

Use an Array when you want to have a simple ordered collection of items, like in any language.

Use a Capture when you want to have a collection of arguments for a routine, especially when there's a mixture of positional or named or other complexities.

You could say a Capture is a replacement for the @_ of Perl 5 though.

At least that's my understanding of it.

I would imagine that in most code an Array is what you want.

-- Darren Duncan