On Thu, 2011-06-01 at 18:48 +0100, Carl Mäsak wrote:
> People who don't care much about biochemistry, feel free to ignore
> this post, which is admittedly not about Perl 6.
>
> DNA is ultimately to be turned into proteins, which make up our
> bodies.

I know all that ... I followed up privately to DC.  I'll do the same for
you to clarify.  I felt that describing an algorithm to the list was
probably on topic but the science is definitely not.

To clarify what I posted to the list.

When I said "evolutionary implications about which I know nothing", I
had already hinted (GIGO).  I know quite a bit about what "biologists
think about evolutionary implications" but I don't believe in science by
consensus.  Moreover this is an area where the consensus changes
rapidly.

--
--gh