Daniel Carrera <dcarr...@gmail.com> writes:
> If they are critics to begin with, the size of the test suite will
> not impress them. They could just as well conclude that Perl 6 must
> have a million corner cases and gotchas that have to be tested. I
> have never seen a language review that I thought was worth reading
> that made a point out of the number of tests.

The relevance of testing has changed over the last decade, so it is by
itself quite a new trend, relative to programming in general.

Today “test coverage” actually became a very strong argument for
software. It become trendy on “normal” software, spilled over to
formerly “untestable” software like Web applications and is even
getting momentum on other difficult areas like Operating Systems.

So I think the test suite is a strong Pro matching the zeitgeist.

Kind regards,
Steffen
--
Steffen Schwigon <s...@renormalist.net>