=================================
From: Max Froumentin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

After asking Dan Brickley to forward my message, I was convinced to
join the list in order to formulate my request more specifically. As I
wrote before, the MathML group at W3C are looking at world-wide
mathematical notations, in order to find out if anything's missing in
the language.  Right-to-Left writing is the first that came to our
minds so we spent some time already to look at Arabic, and we're going
to investigate Hebrew and others.

We found one example of persian mathematics that seemed to differ from
Arabic.  See attached image. I don't know any of either Arabic or
Persian, but I'm told the equation differs from arabic in that the
numbers are different. The limit operator is also special in that it appears
to be stretchable.

The central question really is: does Persian mathematical notation
have any such particularities that would make its layout different
from other right-to-left languages, like Arabic, and that would then
require special constructs in the MathML language?

Thanks for any insight,

Max.