Tom Lane napsal(a):
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
BTW, why does this work on warthog buildfarm member? Different compiler version?

it's configured with --enable-debug.
Maybe run_build.pl should run twice, onece with --enable-debug once without.

No, the standard way to deal with such issues is to set up two buildfarm
members.  This would be a 100% waste of cycles for gcc-based members
anyway, since gcc generates the same code with or without -g.  However,
for compilers where it makes a difference, it might well be worth having
an additional member to test the optimized build.

I think current infrastructures is not good for it. For example I would like to compile postgres on one machine with three different compiler and in 32 or 64 mode. Should I have 6 animals? I think better idea is to have one animal and several test sets. Animals defines HW+OS version and test set specify PG version, configure switches, compiler and so on.

        these are my two cents

                Zdenek