Tom,
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Tom Lane wrote:

Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:17:18 -0500
From: Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us>
To: o...@pyrenet.fr
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakan...@enterprisedb.com>,
    Zdenek Kotala <zdenek.kot...@sun.com>,
    pgsql-hackers list <pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] cvs head initdb hangs on unixware
o...@pyrenet.fr writes:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
BTW, why does this work on warthog buildfarm member? Different compiler
version?

it's configured with --enable-debug.
Maybe run_build.pl should run twice, onece with --enable-debug once
without.

No, the standard way to deal with such issues is to set up two buildfarm
members.  This would be a 100% waste of cycles for gcc-based members
anyway, since gcc generates the same code with or without -g.  However,
for compilers where it makes a difference, it might well be worth having
an additional member to test the optimized build.

                        regards, tom lane

I understand your concern. Maybe an option --flip-debug that would not be used by gcc owners could help having both tests in 1 run.

In the mean time, while preparing my home unixware server to become an other animal, I came on a new optimizer bug in ecpg.

To  not pollute this close thread, I start a new one.

--
Olivier PRENANT                 Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
15, Chemin des Monges                +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)