Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> I have noticed that CVS operations (at least from the user's
> viewpoint) work in local time.  So even if the clocks are synced,
> a different TZ setting could conceivably lead to issues.

Hmmm...  If that were the issue I would think we'd've seen the
problem more often.  From reading over the Ruby code, it appears to
me that if a commit happens when fromcvs is scanning for recent
commits, and commit touches a part the scan has already passed, we'd
see anomalies like this, although my weak Ruby skills leave me less
than 100% sure.  The same skill deficiency means it would take me at
least three FTE days to fix the flaw in fromcvs, which I'd have to
do off-hours.  So add me to the list of people who think that if
these are going to be recurring, we should look at moving from cvs
to git as soon as 9.0 is released.

-Kevin