On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 10:17:09PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I just took a quick look at their system, and when they start talking
> about requirements in the 100's of Gb of RAM, 24 core machines and
> SSD, I get scared :) But that's to "scale" it - doesn't mention when
> you need to do anything like that. I'm assuming we'd be tiny.
>
> FWIW, what we have now could easily run on a box with 128Mb RAM...

I'm right now setting up a gerrit instance for another project (not as
large as Postgres) on a VM with 1GB of RAM and it works alright. You'll
want to run a Postgres database next to it for storing the actual
reviews and such.

It's a nice tool and integrates reasonably well with other thing. We
have a bot connected to it which sends messages on IRC in response to
various state changes. I've never seen an instance respond to email
though.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <klep...@svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/
> not attach much importance to his own thoughts.
   -- Arthur Schopenhauer