Here I provide more details about the environment where the error occurs:

* ENVIRONMENT
Client:
     Java Web Application running on JBoss 5.0.0.GA - JDK 1.6.0_24 64bit

Server:
    Postgresql 9.2.4, compiled by Visual C++ build 1600, 64bit

Client and Server run on the same platform:
    Windows 7 Professional SP1 (2009)

* STRUCTURES
CREATE ROLE rec LOGIN NOSUPERUSER NOINHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE NOREPLICATION; CREATE ROLE rec_lct LOGIN NOSUPERUSER NOINHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE NOREPLICATION;

CREATE SCHEMA rec  AUTHORIZATION rec;

GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA rec TO rec;
GRANT USAGE ON SCHEMA rec TO rec_lct;

ALTER ROLE rec SET search_path = rec;
ALTER ROLE rec_lct SET search_path = rec;

SET SCHEMA 'rec'

CREATE SEQUENCE stats_sequence
  INCREMENT 1
  MINVALUE 1
  MAXVALUE 9223372036854775807
  START 1
  CACHE 120
  CYCLE;
ALTER TABLE stats_sequence OWNER TO rec;
GRANT ALL ON TABLE stats_sequence TO rec;
GRANT UPDATE ON TABLE stats_sequence TO rec_lct;

  CREATE TABLE my_stat
    (
      id bigint NOT NULL,
      creation date NOT NULL DEFAULT current_date,

      client_addr text NOT NULL,
      pid integer NOT NULL,
      usename name NOT NULL,
      CONSTRAINT my_stat _pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)
    )
    WITH (
      OIDS=FALSE
    );

ALTER TABLE statistiques_connexions OWNER TO rec;
GRANT ALL ON TABLE statistiques_connexions TO rec;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT ON TABLE statistiques_connexions TO rec_lct;

CREATE INDEX statistiques_connexions_idx_creation
  ON statistiques_connexions
  USING btree
  (creation);

CREATE INDEX statistiques_connexions_idx_ukey
  ON statistiques_connexions
  USING btree
  (creation, pid, client_addr COLLATE pg_catalog."default", usename);