(2014/02/12 8:30), Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
>> Hiroshi Inoue <in...@tpf.co.jp> writes:
>>> I tried MINGW port with the attached change and successfully built
>>> src and contrib and all pararell regression tests were OK.
>
>> I cleaned this up a bit (the if-nesting in Makefile.shlib was making
>> my head hurt, not to mention that it left a bunch of dead code) and
>> committed it.
>
> Hm ... according to buildfarm member narwhal, this doesn't work so well
> for plperl:
>
> gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
> -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wmissing-format-attribute
> -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -g -Wno-comment   -shared -o
> plperl.dll  plperl.o SPI.o Util.o -L../../../src/port -L../../../src/common
> -Wl,--allow-multiple-definition -L/mingw/lib  -Wl,--as-needed
> -LC:/Perl/lib/CORE -lperl58 -L../../../src/backend -lpostgres -lpgcommon
> -lpgport -lintl -lxslt -lxml2 -lssleay32 -leay32 -lz -lm  -lws2_32 -lshfolder
> -Wl,--export-all-symbols -Wl,--out-implib=libplperl.a
> Cannot export .idata$4: symbol not found
> Cannot export .idata$5: symbol not found
> Cannot export .idata$6: symbol not found
> Cannot export .text: symbol not found
> Cannot export perl58_NULL_THUNK_DATA: symbol not found
> Creating library file: libplperl.a
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [plperl.dll] Error 1

Oops I forgot to inclule plperl, tcl or python, sorry. I would
retry build operations with them. Unfortunately it would take
pretty long time because build operations are pretty (or veeery
 in an old machine) slow.

> Not very clear what's going on there; could this be a problem in
> narwhal's admittedly-ancient toolchain?
>
> BTW, now that I look at this ... why are we bothering to build static
> libraries (.a files) for DLLs?  They have no possible use AFAICS.

They are import libraries though I doubt such plugins need them.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Do you have a slow PC? Try a Free scan