On 12/21/14, 8:55 PM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello wrote:
          > And why that, but not
          > say schema-wide ANALYZE, CLUSTER, TRUNCATE, ...

        +1. I can write patches for each of this maintenance statement too.

    If we're going to go that route, then perhaps it would make more sense to
create a command that allows you to apply a second command to every object in a
schema. We would have to be careful about PreventTransactionChain commands.

  Sorry but I don't understand what you meant. Can you explain more about your
idea?

There's a very large number of commands that could be useful to execute on
every object in a schema. (RE)INDEX, CLUSTER, ALTER come to mind besides VACUUM.

Right now a lot of people just work around this with things like DO blocks, but
as mentioned elsewhere in the thread that fails for commands that can't be in a
transaction.